Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Promise raid tx2650

This is a entry level raid card for desktop. I used it for raid setup and plan to use it for raid 0 stripping. However the idea of raid 1 strikes me and I might give it a go not to worry about my file backup. Though it still compulsory to perform backup. But for busy user like me might be a good temporary alternative. 

Installation of the promise card in windows 7 is not smooth. I hit into several issue and blue screen as soon as I get the card installed into my pci-e 1x card. I have to unplugged my sata from the card and connects back to on board sata to boot into windows 7. Then I run the installation cd. The windows tries to install a driver for my sata but was not successful. I have to manually update with two driver that comes with the cd. As soon as its done, you are up to go. Point your browser and enter http://localhost:8080/promise

The only issue that I had was the ctrl +f key seems not allowing me into the raid bios upon startup.

Else I am looking forward to raid when I shop for hdd this weekend.

No comments: