Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Aztech WL556 repeater


Due to work requirement to work from home for quite a foreseeable duration, I got myself a Aztech DL556 repeater today as my room is having a blindspot for wireless ID.

The installation was alright. I was confused initially after entering the web's UI. I input the repeater's SSID which is incorrect. It should be the AP/router's repeater.

Initially connection through wireless from my Milestones phone does not seems smooth. The signal was excellent though. Then I was to restart the repeater and connect again. Seems ok now..will continue to monitor and update this.
.
I suppose this gadget is under evaluation?

I asked the man in the IT shop. Probably Aztech is the only company selling this at the moment.

1 comment:

Haans said...

As I played around with the repeater and did a benchmark on the broadband speed at http://www.speednet.com.sg
apparently the speed that I get from the wireless signal via repeater is like less than half of the wireless I used to get through a normal wireless signal.
I would only recommend a use of repeater only if a certain spot in your home is unable to receive signal most of the time.