Thursday, August 6, 2009

IPhone unix path

For those who has jailbreak it and with firmware 3.0, I am listing down someuseful path that I come across. Please bear with me I am still learning. Only 4 days into my discoveries....

/private/var/mobile/Library/Downloads - If you want to install ipa files. Copy them into this folder.

/System/Library/Audio/UISounds - SMS. This is the folder where all the sms ringtones are placed. Rename extension to .caf. Apparently you need to rename the default file name eg: Rename new sms.caf to sms-received1.caf(backup original copies first)

/Library/Ringtones - This is the folder you place your .m4r (ringtones)

/private/var/mobile/Library - Probably my main menu..where can browse in to view other paths.

You may download WINSCP for scp copying...

No comments: